This is an initiative led by the
Acute Cardiovascular Care Association (ACVC) of the ESC. The ACVC the European
Resuscitation Council, the European Society of Emergency Medicine (EUSEM) and
the European Society of Intensive Care Medicine (ESICM) are joining forces in
On the basis of existing scientific evidence and expert consensus- to:
● Improve post-resuscitation care of comatose, resuscitated out-of-hospital cardiac arrest patients
● Explore current standard of care across Europe related to post-resuscitation care.
● Reduce variation within and between countries and centers based on adherence to defined Quality Indicators
survival and improve neurological and quality of life outcomes of patients
Potential outcomes: Through a joint European call for action to national representatives, agreed by all relevant Societies, to:
● Develop and set standards of reference and quality indicators to measure the improvement of post-resuscitation care
● Advocate for the need for hospital accreditation in order to reach or to implement standardisation of care across Europe based on current international guidelines.
Raise awareness Europe-wide via the national societies across the disciplines involved